MC is committed to pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing. We are looking for talented individuals to join our analytics team, which is developing a fundamentally new approach to how business generates meaning from data.
Our team develops new methodologies and tools to enable advanced modeling and statistical analysis against petabyte-scale data sets. Our Data Scientist team works with prospects and internal customers to prove the analytical capabilities of EMC’s technology in generating business insights from big data.
A member of our Data Science team is charged with understanding customers’ most urgent questions, and use advanced mathematical methods and models to provide answers.
Our Data Scientists develop new practices and methodologies for working with the EMC data warehouse technology, working closely with leading academics and industry experts – often as part of pilot projects. Team members also work with engineers to create new tools and features that support sophisticated analytics within the database.
· Work, under little to no supervision on tight schedule projects, with internal and external teams to understand customer requirements and develop proposals to respond to those requirements.
· Lead and perform end-to-end steps involved in solution development, while establishing subject-matter expertise in key horizontal or vertical themes. Steps include preliminary data exploration and data preparation steps, variable/algorithm selection, model development/validation and scoring. Horizontal themes include: Marketing Analytics, Operations Research, Text Analytics, Graph Analytics, Hadoop, etc. Vertical themes include: Financial Services, Retail/CPG, Energy, Life Sciences, etc.
· Independently develop and drive testing of algorithms' efficacy (i.e., by applying to test/sampled data and assessing accuracy/fit/predictive strength) for differing analytical use-cases.
· Develop and apply a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to deliver actionable business insights to prospects and customers based on large-scale data.
· Communicate and explain results and insights to business executives throughout projects’ life cycle.
· Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of Big Data analytics.